Active Staff, Vancouver General Hospital
8124-2775 Laurel Street
Vancouver, BC V5Z1M9
Dr. Fatehi obtained a double major in Mathematics and Physics (Hons) at the University of Prince Edward Island. He subsequently moved to the University of Toronto for his medical degree and also received a MSc degree in molecular genetics. Early research and clinical exposures to neurosurgical oncology and epilepsy surgery influenced his career aspirations. Thus, upon the completion of his neurosurgical residency in Vancouver, Dr. Fatehi spent a year with Dr. Walter Hader at the University of Calgary to gain further experience in adult and pediatric epilepsy surgery.
- Epilepsy surgical procedures including invasive diagnostic studies, resections and the implantation of vagal nerve stimulators.
- The resection of primary brain tumors and brain metastases.
- In addition to his current activities, Dr. Fatehi is working to establish laser interstitial thermal therapy at VGH and to introduce newer neuromodulatory treatments for epilepsy.
- Technology development and artificial intelligence-assisted brain image analysis.
- Elucidating neuronal networks within the temporal lobe, especially pertaining to memory