The Division of Neurosurgery will cover:
- A single economy return air fare to the meeting site.
- Ground transport from the airport to and from the hotel.
- Hotel coverage paid at the most economical room rate offered, and where possible that residents should double up, to again help preserve the funding resource.
- Cost of meals: travelers may be reimbursed for the cost of meals either by submitting receipts for actual meal costs claimed should not be in excess of the per diem rates.
|Travel within Canada (per day)|
|Total =||$60.00 / day (CDN)|
|Travel within United States (per day)|
|Total =||$60.00 / day (USD)|
|Travel outside of Canada and the United States (per day)|
|Breakfast||$14.00 (US) or (Euro)|
|Lunch||$16.00 (US) or (Euro)|
|Dinner||$30.00 (US) or (Euro)|
|Total =||$60.00 / day (US) or (Euro)|
Original detailed receipts are required to support a claim. UBC will not accept any travel agency invoices, cancelled cheques, photocopies or credit card statement. If original receipts are not available a missing receipt memo must be included.
Exchange rate expenses can be claimed through submission of a credit card statement listing the cost of purchases in Canadian dollars or through the average exchange rate on the trip duration by the on-line UBC Finance requisition system will be used.
The Post Graduate office is required to house/reimburse mandated scheduled resident rotations (but not elective rotations requested by residents). Residents have to pay monthly rental fees, and submit their receipts for rental and travel for reimbursement.
Reimbursement Policy for Rotations Requiring Extended Commutes
Should a resident be required to commute to a mandatory rotation where the mileage is greater than 40 km one way, the resident will be reimbursed for:
• Mileage between 40 to 80 km one way – $25 per day
• Mileage between 80-120 km one way – $50 per day
• Mileage over 120 km one way – $75 per day
• Academic Half Days are reimbursable when it is within commutable distance and when videoconferencing is not available. Note: Attendance not mandatory when on a distributed rotation or out-of-town elective
For example, within Vancouver, using Vancouver General Hospital as the home base, locations within the 40 km radius include Lions Gate Hospital to the North; Richmond General, Delta Hospital, Surrey Memorial to the South; Burnaby General, Royal Columbian, Riverview and Eagle Ridge to the East.
This policy applies to all residents doing rotations at all sites within the Province.