- Director, Intraoperative Neurophysiological Monitoring Program, VGH
- Clinical Associate Professor
- Member, UBC Brain Research Center
- Active Staff, Vancouver General Hospital
EEG Lab, Ground Fl. CP
Vancouver General Hospital
855 West 12th Avenue
Vancouver, BC V5Z 41M9
Phone: 604.875.4111 ext. 6.6035; Fax: 604.875.5669
After graduation from Shanghai Medical University, Dr. Dong pursued his post-graduate training in clinical neurophysiology at the Department of Neurology, University of California at Irvine. He then continued his study at UBC in Vancouver and received his PhD in Neurosciences. After being recruited by Vancouver General Hospital in 2000, Dr. Dong has dedicated his work to intraoperative neurophysiology. He has extensive experiences in intraoperative monitoring, with special interests in corticobulbar motor evoked potentials, cranial nerve monitoring, and spinal cord monitoring during spinal tumour resection, spinal deformity correction and descending aortic aneurysm surgery.
Dr. Dong has previously served as a member of the Executive Committee of the International Society of Intraoperative Neurophysiology (ISIN) and the Canadian Association of Neurophysiological Monitoring (CANM). He is currently the Chair of the Education Committee of ISIN.
- Brainstem and cranial nerve monitoring during skull base surgery
- Spinal cord monitoring during spine and thoracoabdominal aneurysm surgery
- Microelectrode recording and deep brain stimulation during surgical treatment for Parkinson’s disease
- Motor cortex mapping during brain surgery
- Peripheral nerve monitoring during brachial plexus surgery
- Development and application of novel electrophysiological techniques for intraoperative monitoring
Perform a PubMed Search of Dr. Dong’s publications.